We’ve all been there. Gotten our hopes up and thought it looked like we were winning, only to get disappointed and just miss out. That’s life and that’s business.
What makes the difference is how you react and recover. So here are some tips for moving forward after defeat:
1. Go ahead and grieve – It’s normal to feel let down after you’ve lost. So give yourself a moment to experience that disappointment. It’s real. But don’t stay there for long because you have work to do.
2. Remember your accomplishments– One fail or loss doesn’t erase all the accomplishments you’ve made. Remember all the wins you’ve had leading up to this moment. Consider what it took to get where you are right now. You’re already a winner so don’t forget that.
3. Learn from the failure – Review what went wrong immediately while it’s the most poignant and memorable. Ask relevant questions. Get feedback from others. Talk to outsiders. Revisit your strategy.
4. Take Action – After your reflection, you must take action. What action you take depends on your specific circumstance or situation. Take cues from the feedback you’ve received and then do what’s needed to move forward.
Now repeat after me: Still I Rise!
Don’t let a little disappointment keep you down.
Latest posts by Biz Practitioner (see all)
- 9 Strategies for Entrepreneur Growing Pains - July 11, 2017
- 5 Simple Strategies to Maximize Conference Results - June 2, 2017
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Your Next Product Launch - April 18, 2017