My favorite Christmas song of ALL time.
It feels a whole lot like Christmas and less about work. With all the festivities and distractions among us, how do you keep it all together as a small business owner so you stay focused and productive?
Here’s a list of strategies that will help you handle your business and enjoy the holidays at the same time.
- Depending on your business, things may be really, really busy or maybe a little slow. Either way it goes now is a great time to do some planning for the new year. Give yourself and your team some time to reflect on the year, review accomplishments and various areas of growth.
- Take the time out to develop new strategies and discuss new opportunities and approaches to how you do your work. Remember all those ideas that have been put aside throughout the year? Now’s a good time to revisit them.
- Consider flexible hours. Who says productivity only happens between 9 to 5 p.m.? Think about ways to make things more conducive to staff/team needs. Flex hours, flex days, extended lunches. Be willing to work with your staff to make the most out of the season.
- Organize your office, create better systems, review inventory, products, and services. Don’t go into next year exactly the same as this year. Make some decisions on what to expand and what to cut.
- Lastly, get into the spirit of the season. Host a holiday party or lunch, lighten things up a bit and enjoy this time of the year.