If you think starting a business is hard or challenging, then try growing one. Ouch! Entrepreneur Growing Pains are real.
If your goal is to grow your business, then you’re going to experience some bumps and bruises along the way. That’s because building a business looks differently from starting one.
As you move into various stages of growth as an entrepreneur, there are some pertinent things you must do to move past some of those pain points.
9 Things You Must Do
1. You must be willing to make TOUGH decisions. Your main job as an entrepreneur is to make decisions. Sometimes they get tough. Make them anyway.
2. You must be willing to PIVOT when required. It doesn’t matter what direction you’re heading if it’s the wrong direction. Evaluate and be willing to change courses.
3. You must take ACTION consistently. Momentum breeds results. Regardless of how much things are changing the key is taking action. Don’t get stuck sitting still too long.
4. You must be willing to ASK for help. Stop trying to be the lone ranger. You won’t successfully grow your business that way.
5. You must be willing to LET go. You won’t be able to control everything.
6. You must be willing to take ownership. Yep, if things go wrong, it’s on you.
7. You must be willing to take some RISKS – you can’t stay in your comfort zone and expect to grow.
8. You must be up for the CHALLENGE. You’ve failed a few times and you’re ready to give up? Entrepreneurship may not be for you.
9. You must be willing to take that EXTRA STEP and GO the EXTRA MILE (because if you don’t someone else will).
If you’ve been in business any length of time you have undoubtedly experienced some entrepreneur growing pains. How you manage and handle that growth will make a big difference in your business.