What can you do to add value to your customers? Check out the video or article below to find out.
Adding value is one strategy small businesses can use to stand out in their business. When you create value for your customers it gives them a reason to want to continue to work with you and to tell others. And guess what? It doesn’t have to be hard. Here are just a few ways that you can increase value and keep your customers happy and satisfied.
1. Create Experiences. Don’t let the encounter and interactions your customers have with you be run of the mill. Look for ways to create positive, uplifting experiences. They’re coming to you to get help solving a problem so make sure you create experiences that make them feel better, not worse.
2. Over Deliver – Give them more than what they ask for. Too many times I see entrepreneurs make claims that they know are beyond their capacity or capabilities. Don’t do that. Over deliver and under promise. Even if you can’t over deliver, make sure you don’t over promise!
3. Give the WOW factor – Can you give your clients a reason to say, Wow? It doesn’t have to be a huge event either, just do something that impresses them. Quick example, I facilitated a strategy session with a group on a Saturday. Early Monday morning I forwarded the notes to the client. I received an email back, saying Wow, You’re fast. Simple, right? But getting those notes helped them effectively move on with their next steps. It wasn’t much, but it got a “Wow”.
4. Do Something Extra – Send a card, a note or just do something they’re not expecting. This separates you. Find little ways to do extra things to show your customers how much you appreciate them.
5. Improve Quality – Take some time to consider the quality of your products and services. Are you providing the highest standard you can provide? If not, what can you do to fix that?
6. Customer Service – Customer service is undervalued and overlooked, but it’s so easy to incorporate. It’s as simple as how the phones are answered, how well you’re able to handle a request and how well you treat customers when they come into contact with your company.
That’s it, guys. Six simple ways you can add value to your business. What steps will you or are you taking to add value?
Want to learn how you can work with The Business Practitioner to accelerate ideas, implement new initiatives and get more done? Give us a call at 678-250-4192.